- 4 bone-in skin on chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- 1 cup diced, chilled Canadian Brie
- 12 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Maple-blueberry sauce ingredients:
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Using a sharp knife, de-bone chicken, leaving skin attached. Holding knife horizontally, insert into thick end of each chicken breast and cut to make a deep pocket (careful not to pierce through; remove and reserve fillet for another use).
- In small bowl, combine Brie and basil; carefully stuff into each chicken pocket.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, melt butter. Add shallot and sauté until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and maple syrup and bring to a boil; than add blueberries and cook until berries soften about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place chicken skin side down and cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn over and place in preheated oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until juices run clear and a thermometer registers 165° F (74°C).