- 3 cups red beets, peeled, grated
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper
Avocado mango salsa:
- ½ cup avocado, diced
- ½ cup mango, diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ tsp lime zest
- ½ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Squeeze excess moisture from the beets and combine in a large mixing bowl with oats, onion, cheese, olive oil and eggs.
- Mix well and allow to sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Divide mixture in half and make 3 burgers from each half to give you 6 patties.
- On an oiled grill on medium heat, grill burgers for 3 minutes a side or pan sear in vegetable oil until golden brown on both sides, finish in oven for 7-10 min.
- Serve the burgers atop your favorite bun with the salsa and whichever extra toppings you like.